Sunday, January 08, 2006

Saint Louis Zoo

Let's try something a little different. Today I'm going to post a photo just for fun and to see how it's done.

A couple of years ago we visited the St. Louis Zoo. This zoo honestly is one of the best zoological parks in the world. I've visited both the San Diego and Washington National zoos and the St. Louis Zoo is right up there with them. The amazing thing is that general admission to the zoo is free. Now, once you get in, some of the special exhibits do cost a small amount, for example, the Children's Zoo and the Insectarium. If you ever go, three places are must see: 1) the Children's Zoo; 2) the Penguin & Puffin Coast exhibit (take a jacket, it's very cold inside); and 3) the Polar Bear pit.

The photo I'm posting today was taken at the Children's Zoo. This frog was climbing on the glass of its enclosure. I thought it looked pretty amusing, so I snapped a picture. I sometimes use the original version of this photo as my desktop. (By the way, if you're so inclined, you can get a full size version (1024 x 768) to use for your desktop by visiting my deviantART gallery. You could also just click the photo here, but wouldn't it be more fun to visit my gallery?)

0 comments: